Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hello, East Manatee!

Hello East Manatee!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Jason Bartolone, and I'm the new East Manatee Editor for the Bradenton Herald and the Lakewood Ranch Herald. That means you'll be seeing me out and about in Parrish, Lakewood Ranch, Myakka City, the University Park area and the rest of East Manatee County, getting to know this amazing community and sharing your stories in the pages of the Herald and online at Bradenton.com.

This new job is a homecoming of sorts — I previously worked at the Herald for five years, from 2005-10, first in the sports department as a copy editor and page designer, then as the Page 1A editor. I'm excited to be outside the confines of the newsroom now, along with the rest of the Herald's talented team of journalists, talking with the people who make East Manatee come to life.

I'm also no stranger to this community: My wife and I have been Lakewood Ranch residents for almost a year and a half now. We live here, work here, shop here and are raising our 9-month-old son, Zack, here. In short, we love living out east, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of my neighbors even better.

Have a story idea or a news tip? You can reach me in the office at 941-745-7011 or by email at jbartolone@bradenton.com. Follow me on Twitter, too, @JasonBartolone, where I'll try to bring you the best of the Herald's East Manatee coverage as well as an up-to-the-minute look at what we're covering. And check back here in the East Word blog, yet another way for us to connect about the news that matters most to you.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment