Thursday, October 24, 2013

Nordstrom Rack getting ready for grand opening Nov. 7

Last week, I was rummaging through the racks at TJMaxx for a last minute blouse to wear to a nice dinner in Disney. Out of the eight shirts I tried on, only two were a good brand name like Calvin Klein or BCBG. The rest: subpar names like XOXO. Not exactly the "designer" brands that their slogan touts. 

I'm not completely ripping the Maxx. I go there, I like it -- especially for CHI hair products and Essie nail polish. But when I'm really in the mood for designer clothes at bargain prices, I wheel over to Nordstrom Rack. 

Today I realized that the new Rack in University Park is opening in just a few weeks and I stepped out of the office to check it out.



The 35,000-square-foot shopping hub, located in the squeaky clean Shoppes at University Town Center at 7978 Cooper Creek Blvd., is gearing up for its grand opening 9 a.m. Nov. 7. Shoppers are encouraged to begin tailgating at 8 a.m., manager Karina Attar-McDonald said.

The store looked nearly perfect, ready to be picked over by passionate shoppers. The Marc Jacobs sunglasses, in all their glory, were neatly displayed at the front. To the right was a sparkling setup of  Kate Spade jewelry. I swooned over these rings.


Attar-McDonald said almost all of the 50 job opportunities have been filled, but she is planning to hire a few more employees. To apply, visit careers.nordstrom.com.

-- Sabrina Rocco, srocco@bradenton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment