Thursday, January 31, 2013

Life-threatening illness puts it all in perspective

McNeal Elementary School teacher Nancy Newby and her husband Jim. (provided photo)


What's on your to-do list?

Bills to pay, gas for the car,  birthday gift for someone special, an appointment with the dentist.

How about saving a life?

If you're between the ages of 18 and 44, you could be the one person in 100,000 or more who is a match for someone needing a life-saving bone marrow transplant.

Nancy Newby, a beloved McNeal Elementary School teacher battling multiple myeloma, a form of cancer in the blood, is awaiting a compatible match.

Several local campaigns are planned by the Icla da Silva Foundation, a recruitment center for Be the Match.

When a person registers as a possible donor, they have a swab taken from the inside of each cheek to determine the tissue type. Confidentiality is guaranteed.

Drives are planned at:

* Bradenton Urgent Care, 4647 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton,  9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Feb. 6.

* Lakewood Ranch Urgent Care, 9908 S.R. 64 E., East Manatee, 3 - 7 p.m. Feb. 6.

* Sarasota Urgent Care 6272 Lake Osprey Drive, Lakewood Ranch, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.Feb. 7.

Anyone wanting to help may also make a direct financial contribution on line at:

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/goto/nancynewby

For more information about Nancy Newby and efforts to save her life, visit:

http://www.bradenton.com/2013/01/24/4363851/bone-marrow-drive-set-for-mcneal.html

1 comment:

  1. I'm Trisha Nelson. I contracted HIV 4 years ago, I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for HIV. I started taking my ARVs, My CD4 was 77 and the viral load was 112,450. I made research on a herbal remedy and I saw Dr. James Herbal mixed medicine, also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses His strong herbal mix medicine to cure HIV. I contacted him and told him my problems, He told me not to be worried anymore that I will benefit and get cured of his herbal medicine for Hiv/Aids. I never doubted Him because I believed I will be cured as nature has the power to cure all kinds of sickness when herbal medicine is being used in the right proportion. He prepared his herbal drink and sent it to me, and I took it for 3 weeks morning and evening in a quantity he told me, after that, I went for a check-up and I was cured of HIV. his herbal mix medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT AND EASY TO DRINK, there's no special diet when taking Dr. James herbal mix medicine. He told me he got cures diseases like  Alzheimer's disease, Cancer, Bipolar disorder, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia, Fibromyalgia. Dupuytren's disease, Desmoplastic, Diabetes, Coeliac disease, Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Hpv, Weak Erection, Wart Remover. Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic, Wart Remover, Melasma, Parkinson, perioral dermatitis, thyroid, HPV, ALS, KIDNEY DISEASES, SHINGLES., and more. You can reach him on his Email address  [Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]  thanks  

    ReplyDelete