Sunday, January 2, 2011

The clouds parted for Rock Around the Clock

I didn't like the look of those dark clouds and the rain pouring down from them as I drove out to Lakewood Ranch this afternoon for the Rock Around the Clock tailgating event at the Sarasota Polo Club.

But as I neared the polo grounds, the sun peaked out and the rain abated. Maybe the show would go on afterall.

And it did, although as a precaution I hauled an umbrella with me, along with a digital camera, my notebook and a HD video camera and tripod. As it turned out, I didn't need the umbrella, or apparently the video camera. I didn't get enough video to be worth posting at bradenton.com.

But I did gets lots of stills, which you can see right now in a gallery at bradenton.com. Just follow this link:

http://www.bradenton.com/2011/01/02/2845231/photo-gallery-rock-around-the.html#http://media.bradenton.com/smedia/2011/01/02/16/0103_brlo_tailgate02.standalone.prod_affiliate.69.jpg

And I got a story with folks sharing their memories of a fabled decade which seems so far away, yet so near in some respects. The story will be in Monday's Herald.

Although this picture doesn't really say Rock Around the Clock, it does says something pensive and comfortable about Paula Domino and Melo the chocolate Lab as they  shared a space along the sidelines of Sarasota Polo Club.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment