Friday, January 22, 2010

Dairy Queen reopens


The Dairy Queen Grill & Chill at 7155 State Road 70 East is open again, and thank goodness.

For my money, you can't beat an old-fashioned soft serve, although there are more exotic things on the menu, including items that have nothing to do with ice cream.

Friday, I had a chance to meet the new owner, Tracy Hirschauer, and can report she is going to be community-minded, and is in the business for the long-haul.

Tracy and her staff are friendly people. I knew I liked Tracy when I saw her allow little Claudia Young to hold a cone while she filled it with soft serve.

The grand opening weekend is set for Feb. 5-7.

Oh yeah, I was at DQ for a press conference on the upcoming Lunch for the Cure, hosted by the good folks of Susan G. Komen.

The breast cancer survivors I spoke to bowled me over with their bravery and eloquence.

For more, see Saturday's Herald.
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment